As the COVID-19 situation evolves, and as an essential provider of services required for the health and well-being of the public, we are taking all appropriate measures to ensure business continuity. Requests from customers for service and support of their water treatment systems will continue, especially at municipal plants, hospitals, lab facilities, food processing facilities and other sites with a critical reliance on safe, clean, reliable water.
FILTEC established a business continuity team led by senior leaders and our Health & Safety Manager to ensure we provide proper guidance for our employees, while maintaining our customers’ operations. We have and are implementing broad measures to ensure the health and well-being of our employees and of our customers as we support their operations.
The business continuity team, has defined a series of actions including but not limited to:
- All offices, and fabrication facilities will remain open with essential staff for warehousing, spare parts and logistics. All staff who can work from home have been instructed to do so from our Auckland and Melbourne offices.
- At our regional offices we have reduced or already have less dense populations and are adhering to social distancing guidelines through employees splitting shifts and on-site attendance and/or remote working assignments.
- We have minimised visitors to those critical to business continuity. Visitors allowed into our facilities will be screened prior to gaining access.
- In addition to following customer site protocols, including calling the customer site for approval before arriving, our Service Technicians are taking extra precautions (i.e. extra sanitizing procedures, specialised PPE) and additional process steps to ensure cleanliness.
- We are keeping our Service Technicians apart when working on site, and travelling to/from sites in separate vehicles where working alone is not feasible for a particular task
- Non-essential travel has been restricted with video and telephone conferences replacing physical meetings. Travel is only permitted for customer service/support and for business-critical engagements.
- Our key supply partners have been engaged to ensure that there is minimal disruption to the flow of goods and services needed to support customer facing operations. Where necessary, we have added additional inventories to ensure continuity.